Combi boilers are a very popular heating system in the UK. This is because they are highly efficient and economical. They also take up minimal space, so can easily fit into an airing cupboard or hook onto a kitchen wall.
The combi boiler is now the UK’s favourite boiler, mostly because it can heat water on demand. It can also heat your home quickly and efficiently.
Why should I get a new combi boiler?
Many people get a new combi boiler because it’s a convenient way to heat your water. Because it heats water on demand you can get as much hot water as you need and don’t need to wait for it to fill up a hot water tank. If you invest in a new combi boiler you’ll get simple controls and a reliable supply of hot water.
Homeowners also get combi boilers because they take up minimal space. Older boilers usually have water tanks that take up a lot of space. Combi boilers don’t have cold water tanks, so take up considerably less room.
Energy efficiency is also a big deciding factor when choosing a boiler. Combi boilers are highly efficient and reduce fuel wastage and energy bills. Investing in a combi boiler could save you more than £300 a year.
Combi boiler advantages
- Save money by reducing your annual energy bill by more than £300
- Control your heating temperature easily and heat your home efficiently
- Burn less fuel and reduce harmful carbon emissions
- Boost your property value by improving your home’s Energy Performance Certificate
- Heating accounts for more than half of your household expenses, so getting a new and efficient boiler could significantly reduce your bills
- The Energy Saving Trust claim that getting a new and efficient boiler could save you over £300 a year
- Energy prices are on track to double by 2020, so getting a new and efficient boiler now could help to protect you from rising costs
- If you service your boiler regularly you could save hundreds of pounds on repair work
- A new boiler could reduce your carbon emissions by more than 1,000kg
Combi boiler disadvantages
Combi boilers have one significant disadvantage – they can only supply a limited amount of hot water at any one time. This means that if you try to get hot water from multiple outlets at the same time, there could be a drop in water pressure. So if you live in a large home and get a combi boiler, you might struggle to get a good shower if other people are also using hot water.
Top Facts to Share